Thursday, July 10, 2008

Summer Reading

Fantasy genre enthusiasts, Greg Keyes' final book in the Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone series finally came out. I just finished rereading The Charnel Prince and am beginning the third book of 4, The Blood Knight. If you like Terry Brooks and that style literature, you'll love Keyes. He's no McCarthy, but sometimes you need a break from that sort of thing.

Wendell and I just got back from the Shore and I'm closing in on the finish of my Montessori training. I hope to have some time after the training ends and before Baby Stout enters the world to get a good start on my Thesis. Also, my proposal for the West Coast Renaissance Conference was accepted, so I'll be going there in September with Dr. Pearce to give a paper on Shakespeare's Measure for Measure.

My stock pick of Borders has not been doing well lately. In fact, it's doing horribly. But then again, so is the rest of the market. I guess I'll just have to stick to earning money the old fashioned way, by working.

No comments: